Access statement for Dolffanog Fawr
Dolffanog Fawr is a small Country House Bed and Breakfast that offers evening meals to residents and is located just off the B44409 near Llyn Mwngil at Tal-y-Llyn.
- The House has a gravelled parking area for six cars, there are no steps between the parking area and the front door.
- The House is approximately 10 miles from the nearest towns of Dolgellau, Tywyn and Machynlleth. Public transport links have been severely reduced in recent years.
- A porterage service is available if required.
- There is a unisex downstairs toilet located just off the entrance hall.
- There is no mobile phone coverage in the house.
- All doors have a minimum width of 750mm and the floors are level throughout the ground floor.
- Assistance dogs are allowed throughout the house, including the dining room and garden.
- Unfortunately Dolffanog Fawr is unsuitable for wheelchair users as the driveway is gravelled and all bedrooms are located on the first floor. There is no lift as these bedrooms are accessed along corridors too narrow for wheelchairs and the en-suites are too small or are down steps.
- All bedrooms are located on the first floor via a flight of 14 steps. There is one hand rail on the left and a wooden dado on the right.
- All bedrooms have been re-decorated with plain matt emulsion walls and contrasting carpets.
- All doors are fitted with lever style handles.
- All bedrooms have colour televisions and freesat boxes offering sub-titles and teletext.
- All bedrooms have en-suite facilities although the bathroom for bedroom 2 (Mawddach) is down a flight of 3 steps.
- All Bathrooms have also been thoroughly renovated with contemporary white furniture and contrasting beige tiles and large showers.
- All meals are served on a large communal table at one sitting.
A separate table is available if required.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for, provided we know in advance.